About Dr. Meijer
As a former University of Texas football player on the 2005 BCS National Championship team, Dr. Meijer knows first-hand what an injury means to an athlete. His background provides the foundation for his treatment philosophy and motivation to treat all patients that desire an active lifestyle from recreational to the professional level. After graduating summa cum laude from the University of Texas, Dr. Meijer attended medical school at UT Southwestern in Dallas where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. He completed his residency at Louisiana State University in New Orleans, Louisiana prior to being selected by Dr. Andrews for his Sports Medicine fellowship.
Dr. Meijer has published his research in many peer-reviewed journals and contributed to a textbook chapter concerning elbow injuries in throwing athletes. His research interests include shoulder and elbow injuries in overhead athletes as well as ACL reconstruction. Dr. Meijer serves at the head team physician for Frisco Independence High School.
Outside of work, Dr. Meijer remains physically active. He enjoys running, cycling and weightlifting. He and his wife, Sarah, have three young children, which keep them busy with school activities and sports.
Complete list of conditions treated by Dr. Meijer
- Medical School – University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX)
- Residency – Louisiana State University (New Orleans, LA)
- Fellowship – Andrews Institute (Gulf Breeze, FL)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Association
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
Photos of Dr. Meijer